Thursday, March 15, 2018

Grapes, Chess piece and Butterfly... wip Oil on 7x5 inch board

I started this new painting over and old one.  The previous painting was never finished and I decided to sand it down and start something fresh.  You can still see bits of the old paint behind my new drawing.  (By the way, if you are sanding down an old painting, if you pour a little OMS -odorless mineral spirits, onto the painting and then "wet sand" it with sand paper, there is no dust, and easier to clean up.)



 I don't know why I chose these objects to paint, other than they were interesting shapes and made a nice arrangement together... in the end, I changed the colors of the butterfly... I think it's finished, not quite sure yet.   Thank you for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!