Sunday, January 3, 2016

"New Year Tangerine" Oil on 5x7 inch board


 Available on Etsy

A new year, and a new painting...  I chose this tangerine to paint because I felt it was something I'm already familiar with painting, and that would be a good subject to start off with, after being away from my easel for a few weeks.  Now that the Holidays are over with, I can start taking more time to draw and paint again.
Even though this started off without too much thought other than getting the peel to curl in an attractive way-  after it was done, the image of the opening tangerine seemed like a symbol of the opening of a new year to me..... and I like that thought :-)
Below is an in progress shot....
Thank you so much for stopping by to view my artwork!  and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!